Thursday, April 25, 2013

The Much Needed (And Hated) Sickness

For the past three days I have been fighting a snotty war. I'm one of those people who really wants to get sick to skip out of things like school and family gatherings... But, when I actually get sick, I'm okay with it for about 30 seconds before I want to be healthy again.

Runny nose, sore throat, sick stomach, headaches.... Yeah. You don't want to come near me. I stayed home from school Tuesday and Wednesday, but today I'm back. Granted, I can't hear anything and my nose is running constantly to the point where I said,"Screw it. I'll just carry the kleenex box around." I just couldn't miss another day of school. Now, I am at school and thinking.... Oh, yeah. I definitely could have missed another day of school. Not because I'm sick sick. It's because I'm sick.... And tired of school and routines and assholes who can't count past potato.

As for the origins of this sickness... Probably Europe. Or probably not. Maybe I got it from this school's disgusting bathrooms. Or perhaps I picked it up from my brother. The case was only worsened by the lack of sleep attained this weekend.

There were two good things that I did get out of my two sick days. I caught up on every episode I've ever wanted to. I caught up so much that I get sick and tired of the T.V. I proceeded to get really bored which resulted in me getting halfway through the first Harry Potter in about 3 hours. Talent, baby.

This what the first time reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone since I read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I feel sort of bad, actually. I grew up with the book. It's one of the main reasons that I'm still writing today. I find it amazing how many connections I can make from the first to the last books. I might have to write about this in my writing blog.

What books did you read growing up? Reread them!

~Em

No comments:

Post a Comment