Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Battle Wounds

Softball season is finally upon us. You know what that means...

Battle wounds. The painful reminders that you took one for the team and either failed or acheived greatness. These are the scars that will grace a body for years to come and serve as reminders of heart, passion, and greatness.

But, seriously. These things are war trophies in the softball world.

I'm both excited and unexcited about softball this year. On one hand, I think I could do very, very well this year. On the other hand, I just want one summer that I don't have to do anything. *Sigh* I'll have summers off in just a few years though.

This year, I am pretty sure I've got a spot on the varsity team. Hopefully I get my third base and my batting continues to improve. Knock on wood.

School is nearly over!!!!!! Tomorrow is the senior's last day. I am a little disappointed that I won't be there to say goodbye to everyone, but I'll take a day off when I can. This Sunday is Graduation where I have to play in the band. We are playing Sólas Ané by Hazo, and I am really excited because it is one of my favorite pieces.

Tomorrow I am getting a new guitar, possibly maybe. I will have to practice with it a little more in order to sing my song to the seniors before Sunday. Sometime before graduation, if all goes well, I will upload my video to Youtube. I've been looking forward to this for months.

Currently nursing a giant bruise on my thigh,

~Em

No comments:

Post a Comment