Friday, April 12, 2013

Narcissistic Tendencies

I wanted to pull a Taylor Swift and title the post "I am Never Ever Ever Speaking to Her Again". But, I thought I would save your eyes and put it in the body of the post. You're welcome.

The past three days of my English class have actually been interesting and worth listening too. This is probably because we are reading Brave New World. How could it not be interesting? Also, we rearranged the tables today just to make this one freshman's head explode. He doesn't like change... And he's not my favorite in the world. Let's just say that our views on practically everything are complete opposites.

Speaking of people not liking other people in English class... Near the very end of class this morning we were asked to pick up a notecard and label one side A and the other B. On side A the class was told to write down one person you would love to do a project with and another person you would love to socialize with. On side B, the teacher told us to write down one person you would hate to work on a project with and another you would hate to socialize with. These people had to be in the classroom. I wrote down my people, not thinking much of it and turned my card in. And then... Our teacher read the sides off. I still didn't care. I was expecting my name on side A because three of my best friends are in my class. What I was not expecting was my name being on side B.

Let me get this straight. I am fine with people hating me and not liking me. Whatever. There are going to be people who hate my guts. Tell most people around here that you are Atheist and it's a done deal. But I was a little surprised because of who was in my class. All of them have been friends and hung out with me at one time or another. They seem to generally like me. And I, for the most part, generally like them.

Everyone else was a little surprised too. I have to admit that the cries of shock were kind of nice. I'm not generally a social person and it's nice to know that people actually notice me. It's even nice to know that some people do hate me enough to never want to talk to me ever.

I did find out who said they would never want to talk to me again in the next period. Sort of shocking because I thought that she really liked me. But, I'm a big girl. I'll survive.

Anyways... Thanks for listening to my narcissistic filled rant which only proves that this test ------------> is a little more right.

I'll see you guys later. (>'')> *hugs*

~Em

No comments:

Post a Comment